Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We have snow!!!

The meteorologists forecasted it, but we didn't believe them. We woke up this morning to beautiful snow! Lijah was so excited this morning. He came running downstairs saying, I gotta go outside and make snow angels!

Here is a view from our front porch looking up the street early this morning...


Fortunately, we have probably the very best sledding hill right in our backyard. All the neighbors kids came to join in on the fun. Lijah didn't like the sledding too much because I had to "put on the brakes" or else we would run smack into bushes...so he got a large amount of snow in his face.

Lijah, Mommy and even Lincoln during our first take-off....



Mommy carrying Lijah up the hill...


We stayed outside and played for about 45 minutes and then enjoyed some hot cocoa.


Just a few other side notes on how we have been doing...

Josh started his new job on Monday. It is one of the most prestigious Inns and Golf Clubs in the area. He is working as an inventory/purchasing agent. He loves it! He is especially excited since Callaway is coming in next week and he thinks he might get some free samples.

Lijah is still growing like a weed and he learns more everyday. He now knows all his ABCs and he is starting to distinguish numbers on paper. He seems to pick up on things quickly and has a fantastic memory, unlike his mommy :) This spring we are hoping to get him into Montessori School part-time.

I, on the other hand have decided to go back to school. Unfortunately, I just missed the Spring session but I am going to take enroll this summer. I have decided to do a total career change... drum roll please...Human Resources.

I graduated from State with a Business Management degree and a concentration in finance. So, to get a concentration in HR, I only have to take 4 classes. I am hoping since I already have an MBA, I won't have to start my salary completely over. Needless to say, I am really excited about my decision. I think Mom, Dad and Josh are too. I am coming to learn quickly that Supply Chain isn't very family friendly. It also seems like the jobs are getting few and far between, especially since there is a lot of outsourcing of positions to other countries. I also think Human Resources will be a good fit for my personality.

Well, I guess that was probably too long of a post. But, I have a lot to say, ha! :) Ta Ta for now! American Idol time!

P.S. For all my KS friends who watched Rock of Love this Sunday... Yes, I was absolutely devastated that he admitted to having hair extensions. Ugh, the travesty! But don't worry, he is still my Rock of Love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pic of Lincoln running in the snow, looks just like Tucker Jones! Glad to hear the Josh is really enjoying his job. We sure do miss you guys!

The Byrnes' said...

As one of the KC Rock of Love viewers, I wish someone would have told poor Brett that when pronouncing Illinois, the s is silent - poor dumb rock star....