
Uncle John and I were riding back from Costco at noon today when he got the call. Grandma had passed away. Aunt Nan and Uncle Jerry were by her side. This picture is from July 2007. I am so thankful we got to spend time with her and I am trying to focus on the good and not get sad. But, it is so difficult because I already miss her terribly..........
Dear Grandma,
Moments in time, passing by
Thoughts of you Grandma with tears in my eyes.
My mind floods with memories like a river runs wild
It started long ago when I was a just a child.
You cuddled me tightly right from the start
And as I grew older, you drew me close to your heart.
Time with you, watching you bake
Breakfast at sunrise, later some cake.
There are so many fond memories on the farm,
Like the big fish I caught and could not harm,
I called you frantically and out you rushed
You gently released him and giggled and blushed.
Lots of kittens running free,
A bird dog named Jake that was too happy to see me.
Eating scuppernong grapes straight off the vine,
The loudest OINK Cindy got from the neighbors' biggest swine.
Crocheting, on your couch we sat,
Laughing and giggling and making small chat.
You're a treasure of gold sent to me from above
And your gift to me is the father I love.
Your strength and your faith in times of distress
Are like rose petals bound in a book, neatly pressed.
Grandma, I love you and on that Great Day
I'll see you again and I will have so much to say.
I'll hug you, I'll kiss you, I'll take you by the hand.
We'll both stand with Jesus upon His Right Hand.
We'll sing once again, we'll laugh and we'll smile,
But until that day, I'll miss you for a while.
But I know that you, in the Garden now stand
With Jesus our Lord, holding His Precious hand.
Moments in time, passing by
Thoughts of you Grandma with tears in my eyes.
My mind floods with memories like a river runs wild
It started long ago when I was a just a child.
You cuddled me tightly right from the start
And as I grew older, you drew me close to your heart.
Time with you, watching you bake
Breakfast at sunrise, later some cake.
There are so many fond memories on the farm,
Like the big fish I caught and could not harm,
I called you frantically and out you rushed
You gently released him and giggled and blushed.
Lots of kittens running free,
A bird dog named Jake that was too happy to see me.
Eating scuppernong grapes straight off the vine,
The loudest OINK Cindy got from the neighbors' biggest swine.
Crocheting, on your couch we sat,
Laughing and giggling and making small chat.
You're a treasure of gold sent to me from above
And your gift to me is the father I love.
Your strength and your faith in times of distress
Are like rose petals bound in a book, neatly pressed.
Grandma, I love you and on that Great Day
I'll see you again and I will have so much to say.
I'll hug you, I'll kiss you, I'll take you by the hand.
We'll both stand with Jesus upon His Right Hand.
We'll sing once again, we'll laugh and we'll smile,
But until that day, I'll miss you for a while.
But I know that you, in the Garden now stand
With Jesus our Lord, holding His Precious hand.
2 comments:
So sorry for your loss! You and your family will be in our prayers!
Ashleigh and Family -
You are in our thoughts and prayers! Love you guys - The Thompsons.
Post a Comment