Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Holiday Season

We have such a busy holiday season. I decided to lump everything into one posting.

Last week, we had a wonderful visit from Josh's Mom. It was too short of a trip, but we made the best of it. I took her shopping in downtown Wake Forest, we went to dinner and just enjoyed each others company.

Christmas morning Lijah got a visit from Santa. He had the best time opening his stocking and presents. We went to my Uncle Bill's house for Christmas lunch. It was, as always, full of laughs and good times. This was my very first Christmas EVER in North Carolina. Growing up, I would always spend Christmas in Virginia.

Lijah taking Mommy for a ride on his new Gator... thanks Grandma and Grandpa... I love it!


Later Christmas night, Dad came up and had his first babysitting job alone with Lijah. Josh and I went to see Four Christmases, which was hilarious! It was really nice to be able to get out and watch a great movie. I am sure Lijah had fun with his Papa playing cars.

The day after Christmas was Uncle Andy's surprise 50th birthday party. As many of you know, he is a brain cancer survivor and a true miracle. He was in total shock which made it priceless. My cousins played some music which sounded great and everyone had a good time. Lijah ran around for hours with the other kids. The next morning he slept until 10:30!


Cindy, Eduardo and Reece arrived on Friday from Phoenix. Reece is just precious! Their flight was supposed to arrive at 9 pm but got delayed. They finally got to our house at almost 1 am. They have spoiled us with Arrachera and traditional Mexican fiesta foods, so delicious. Aunt Linda and Uncle John had a get together with everyone on Saturday. Again... it was great food and company!

On a sad note, our Grandmother (on my Dad's side) is not doing well. We have been to visit her almost everyday this week. Her condition continues to deteriorate. Some days, she knows who I am, others I am not so fortunate. It is very hard to understand what she is saying. I have been able to understand when she says "I am mad" when the nurses try to give her meds. It made me giggle because it was her feisty personality peeking through.


I keep telling her how much I love her and she does say it back. It broke my heart a few days ago because she started to cry when I told her how much I loved her.

It has been a long time since she has seen Granddaddy. So all we can do, is continue to pray that she will soon find peace.

No comments: