Sunday, May 18, 2008

Whoa.... long time, no write


Wow, has it been way too long since I have written. I promised myself I wouldn't be one of those onetime bloggers. It has been such a busy last few weeks.

Lijah turned 2 years old last month. We had a wonderful time at Monkey Bizness with his best friend Louie and his brother, Henry.. boy, did it tire me out too. It is tough being a kid again :) I think I took a two hour nap that afternoon which I never do. We had a fun birthday cookout that weekend with close family and wonderful 70 degree weather!

The next weekend, Lijah and I participated in a breast cancer walk. We had a great time with our friend Kelli. Lijah slept for half of the walk after eating "more cracker." Needless to say, it was a very moving walk for a great cause.

The first weekend in May we had a very special treat. A visit from Aunt Ling, Uncle Jason, Leila and April. Ljiah and Leila just adored each other and played wonderfully together. They are such beautiful girls! We took them to Deanna Rose for the day and Leila got to ride the ponies. We all got to feed the goats! The visit was too short so we hope to make a trip to Connecticut soon.

Lijah and I continue to go to Kindermusik classes every Saturday. Yesterday we went to a LPGA golf tournament where Josh was volunteering. It was another beautiful day and then we went for some ice cream. We then went to the Legends and ate at Cheeseburger in Paradise. We love going their not only for the food but for the island atmosphere. I felt like I was actually at the beach.

Today we had a visit from Devy and Rich for a doggie playdate. Toby the beagle and Milo the puggle. Yes, this is the same Toby that I chased down their icy street this winter, in my crocs, finally tackling him to take him back home. Not to mention Toby is 30 pounds which is a workout to carry up a empty muddy icy lot and street. Toby is known to runoff which I learned the hardway.

Aunt Cindy found out she is having a girl on Friday... little baby Reece. We couldn't be happier for her since she was pulling for a little girl. I started to get a little baby fever for either an "Isabella or a Kane"... but it didn't last very long ;) ha! One is hard enough.

No comments: