This has been such a rough, draining week. Josh's Uncle passed away early this week. Then, a few days later, his Grandma passed away. They say everything "happens in 3s" so wouldn't you know it, we spent last night at the hospital... Josh appendix was close to rupturing. After 2 days of pain, he had finally gone to the family doctor yesterday afternoon. They sent him to our local hospital. He got there at 6, I was able to make it up to the hospital shortly after. And at 10 pm they did an emergency appendectomy. Thankfully, he was discharged this morning. My motherly instincts kicked into high gear :)
I took Lijah up to our neighborhood pool this evening to give Daddy some peace and quiet. He ended up falling and cutting his little finger. It actually bleed pretty bad... I feel terrible. Luckily, I heard the ice cream man coming down the street and gave him a very large ice cream bar BEFORE dinner!
Needless to say, we are exhausted. I am glad it is the weekend! We are going to do nothing but rest.
Oh... the one super neat thing this week.... President G. W. Bush drove right past our neighborhood yesterday. I have no idea what he was going in our little Kansas town! Josh actually waved at him and got a wave back. He immediately called me to inform me "he saw my boyfriend" ha!
1 comment:
Hope Josh is on is way to a speedy recovery! Let me know if there is anything that you guys need!
Kelli
Post a Comment