Happy Memorial Weekend! Goodness, it has been a very busy couple of days.
On Friday, I traveled via coach bus to St. Mary's, KS (home of deer taxidermy). I went with a large group from work to tour the Jeffrey Energy Center a.k.a. Power Plant. It was actually really interesting to see all the different things that encompass the power plant. The boiler room & cooling towers were my favs ;) A picture is to come shortly of me with my hard hat & safety googles, it was very cute!
We didn't have Kindermusik class yesterday because of the holiday. We did our normal errands to Costco and did a little shopping around. That evening, we went to Uncle Cory and Aunt Megan's for a fun time on their new swing set. Lijah and Carter always have a great time together making trouble.
Today is Sunday.... thank goodness tomorrow is Memorial Day! The pool finally opened! Yea! Lijah was so excited he wouldn't take a nap! We played for quite a while and he loved getting his toes & mommy's toes wet. Although, the water was still pretty chilly. We went to a barbeque at Devy and Rich's house tonight. It was a lot of fun with a large amount of wonderful food. Lijah played with Brayden (my co-worker Jez's 4 year old). Lijah really looks up to the older boys. They got to play in the dirt and dig for worms. We had a very sleepy boy on our hands. So, now I am sitting here blogging and watching the Union Station Memorial Day Celebration on PBS.
We have another day filled with good times tomorrow that I am sure I will share! Good night and I hope everyone has a safe holiday!
No comments:
Post a Comment