Friday, April 11, 2008

Welcome to our blog....


We have finally decided to start a blog. We choose to start a blog mainly for family to see how we are doing & feel as if they aren't 1300 miles away.

I also wanted a way to record my thoughts of our beautiful son. Whether it be his progress towards potty training ("uh-oh Daddy, pooey") or his little gestures that beam his unconditional love for all of us (even the "awgies" translation "doggies"). It is also so much easier to type than it is to write these days. Any way I can find to save time out of our crazy days, is worth it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight, Lijah had a slight fever. I am not sure if it is because he is getting his 2 year molars or possibly because it has gone from 60 degrees yesterday to 3o degrees and windy today. He didn't take a very good nap at "school" so he was sleepy boy.




Typically, after our nightime routine he tries to pull every trick in the book to get back downstairs for playtime. We skipped our books and bath tonight & opted for about 45 minutes of snuggle time. I rocked him ... he feel asleep on my shoulder .... and I smiled. It has been so long since I was able to rock him to sleep and I had a flashback to when he was a baby. While he slept, I dwelled on the fact that he has no idea how these little moments make me the happiest Mom.... he probably won't comprehend until one day he has the same little moments with his child.


I am also posting a picture of Lijah when he was two weeks old, it seemed appropriate after our evening.

No comments: