We just got home from dinner with Nana and Papa at one of our local crabhouses, just a hop skip and jump from our house. Josh and I decided to get the dozen steamed whole crabs. I am quite proud of him for venturing out of his midwest comfort zone. Mom and Dad got crab cakes that were to die for! Below are a few pictures of the crabhouse and our little sea friends.


After dinner we walked to an ice cream shop for some gelato and sorbet. There is a big revitalization of our downtown area so it is under major construction (hence all the street cones). However, there are several new stores and businesses that are just so quaint with the classic southern charm.


Josh and I had a great night out for Valentine's Day (with a special thanks for Papa lending his babysitting). We saw a fantastic movie, Gran Torino. I highly recommend it. We then built a fire in our firepit and sat outside for a few hours. It was a perfect night for a fire.
We made a special trip to Walmart on Saturday, Lijah got his first pair of big boy underwear, which Josh calls his "man panties." It is really quite humorous. He picked out spiderman of course. He wore them for about an hour & did well. We are slowly trying to transition him, wish us luck! I can't believe our little man will be 3 in April, tear tear.
We went to visit Great-Grandmama on Saturday. I took for boys to the vet while Mom watched Lijah at Grandma's house. I had to pass Grandma's nursing home on the way there. I thought I would be okay, but I got sad. On the way back, when I was passing the nursing home, the song Holes in the Floor of Heaven started playing on the radio (which I haven't heard is so many years! I thought that must have been a little sign. So, I simply just smiled.
No comments:
Post a Comment