Friday, March 9, 2012

Birthday, Hearts and TAE KWON DO!

Round 2 of downloading pictures off my other camera is officially complete! Woo hoo! This download had 3 very special events! Josh's birthday, Valentine's Day and the start Lijah's obsession to Tae Kwon Do!





Josh turned the big 3-4 in January! We put together the perfect surprise! With Josh being from Kansas City, the barbeque here in North Carolina is quite a change for him. So, for his birthday, I decided to go with a "Kansas City" theme. I searched and searched online for his very favorite beer, which he hasn't had in almost 4 years. I finally found a dealer in Missouri that distributed Kansas City Boulevard Beer. I ordered 2 six packs for him, Pale Ale and Wheat. What goes perfect with Kansas City Beer...Kansas City Barbeque of course! I was very sneaky and was able to get a whole BBQ dinner shipped from Jack Stack in KC. We had brisket, burnt ends, cheesy corn and baked beans, YUM! Thanks to Nana and Papa and our neighbor for helping keep the "stash" safe until the big day!


We L.O.V.E. Valentine's Day! The day before Valentine's Day, Lijah woke up so excited. He yelled, "Mama, Happy Valentine's Day Eve!" Just like last year, Josh made his famous heart shaped pancakes and eggs. This year, we also made heart shape cantaloupe, which was a huge hit with Lijah. This year was a little more difficult, because it was on a Tuesday and I usually leave the house by 6:45. So, we had to get up extra early to have a great Valentine's breakfast together.


Tae Kwon Do....whoa! Lijah has been begging for over a year to go to Karate. Being a boy, who is very high energy, he needs to stay very active. So, we decided to go ahead and give it a try. We signed up for a 5 week introductory class. The first class couldn't have gone any better. Usually Lijah is the one who is more interested in being social and making friends, than listening to an instructor. The whole class he stood like a little soldier at attention. He was starstruke with Tae Kwon Do! So, two times a week he goes to his little class for 35 minutes and loves every second of it!


No comments: