Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"Mama and Me" Date

Lijah and I had a litte date night two nights ago. Josh was working late and I was trying to do something a little different for dinner in an attempt to get Lijah to stay in his chair. I decided to try a candlelight dinner. Lijah got so excited at the idea! He ran around the house frantically turning off all the lights. He even turned the front porch light off.

When all the candles were lit and we sat down I told Lijah that when he gets older girls really liked candlelight dinners :) I gave him a big ole' wink! All of a sudden, he blurted, "Mom, do you want to talk about feelings?" I got so tickled! If he didn't have such a serious little face, I would have probably laughed outloud. Then, he proceedes to ask me, "How were your feelings today at work?" My little man was such a gentlemen on his Mama and Me Date!

The dinner was fabulous! I tried a new recipe out of one of my magazines, it was Sauteed Chicken with an Herb Wine Sauce, Roasted Potatoes and Steamed Asparagus...yum! Lijah cleaned his plate! He loves his veggies, plain steamed broccoli is one of his favorites!
(The lights were actually all out for this picture, I just had the camera in candlelight mode)

No comments: