Thursday, August 27, 2009

Where has the summer gone?

Oh boy! I can't believe in 2 months, it will be Halloween! We have had quite the busy summer and once again... I am completely slacking on my blog updates.

Last week, Lijah went to Washington DC to spend time with Nana and Papa. What a great week he had! He got to play with his best buddy David, he went to the petting zoo, the pool & Gravelly Point. Gravelly Point is in Arlington, not too far from Mom and Dad's house. The airplanes from Reagan National Airport take off what seems like directly over your head. Mom took Lijah and I back there on Saturday when I drove to DC to pick him up. The view is spectacular along the Potomac River. Unfortunately, it was rainy that day, so I didn't get the best pictures.


It's official, our little Lijah is a fisherman! After months of begging, it was finally time to get out the big pole and worms. Papa took Lijah fishing on Grandma Strickland's farm. The fish were biting!!!


Papa showing Lijah how it is done...

5 seconds after casting the line...


With Dad's retirement just around the corner, 5 months, 3 days to be exact (but who is counting). Josh and I have been pushing hard for Mom and Dad to move into our neighborhood. There is this beautiful half acre lot available right on the golf course. We would just be a bike ride away from them. Before I went to DC for the weekend, I stopped to take a few pictures of the lot & also a few of the surrounding area. I love the Crape Myrtle Trees.


Expect another post next week! Lijah starts Montessori school, tear tear. He is going to absolutely love it, but it still makes Mommy and Daddy sad that he is growing up.

As always, I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the summer!

No comments: