Monday, April 6, 2009

Cherry Blossoms 2009

Lijah and I headed to DC this weekend for a fun time with Nana and Papa. On Sunday, we drove into town to see the beautiful Cherry Blossoms (along with everyone else & their grandmas!) In an effort to be festive, I thought it would be fun to post a few facts about the Cherry Blossoms.

- The trees were a gift from the Mayor of Tokyo, Yukio Ozaki, to the United States in 1912.
- There are 3700 trees in Washington DC.

- 1935 was the first Cherry Blossom Festival


Lijah making a silly "I'm smelling the Cherry Blossoms" face...


We walked along and saw the other sites of DC. It is truly a breathtaking city & I miss it dearly! I am hoping we can make frequent trips!


Post Cherry Blossoms...


Lijah is spending the rest of the week in DC because our sitter is on vacation. I got an email from Dad this morning, Lijah woke up last night throwing up. Poor Nana and Poor Lijah. It seems like it was just a quick bug that he picked up from the sitter. I am crossing my fingers, hoping we don't get it.

Needless to say, we have a very quiet house this week. No kid, no barky von schnauzies... it is a little odd. I was able to catch up on all my DVRs tonight and am getting ready for the final season of The Hills, woo hoo!

No comments: