On Saturday, Elijah had his birthday party. We had Dan the Animal Man come for an Animal Adventure. The day couldn't have been more perfect! The weather was absolutely beautiful and the kids LOVED Dan! He gave a really great presentation about the animals and even taught the adults a few things. There was a Porcupine, an Owl, a Lemur and an Alligator! The kids got to touch all the animals (except the Porcupine of course). At one point the Owl saw a squirrel in the yard and got very excited, whoa!
The kids also decorated safari hats, went on a "dinosaur" egg hunt and captured "dangerous" snacks! We ended the party with hot dogs and yummy cupcakes!
Tonight Nana and Papa came over to bring Lijah his birthday presents and also eat some ice cream cake.
Here is a poem for my sweet little man on his special day....
Happy Birthday Lijah...
you were born six years ago today.
I thank God for this precious gift
that he has sent my way.
Every day you bring me gifts
of smiles and warm hugs.
I smile when you pick me dandelion's
even though they're full of bugs.
You invite me for dinner,
mud pies and grass soup.
We play a little one on one
as I lift you to make a hoop.
It seems like just yesterday
I held you for the first time,
now instead of Mommy's hugs
a tree you'd rather climb
Oh how you've grown my child
an angel shinning through.
Your love and smiles light my day
Happy Birthday...thank you Lijah for making every day the best day of my life! I love you!!!!
because the best part of me, is you!!!!
Happy Birthday...thank you Lijah for making every day the best day of my life! I love you!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment