.... we are moving back to Raleigh. We are actually leaving one week from today. I am actually having a much harder time than I anticipated. We have such great friends and family here it makes me very sad to leave. Lijah has a wonderful babysitter that he adores. Tonight we went to Wal-Mart and saw one of the little girls from his daycare a.k.a. "school." Lijah got so excited and kept saying "that's my Reagan", "I like school." Which of course, got my going again.
I tend to get "emotional" on a daily basis about the move. When I originally moved to Kansas, I struggled for the first 2 years. I had never been away from my family and the adjustment was difficult. I think with Elijah keeping me so busy, it has taken my mind away from missing home.
On a more positive note, Lijah's Nana is now retired and thinks the world of him. She has all the time in the world to spend with her one and only grand baby. Dad is a wealth of knowledge and has such a curiosity for learning. Lijah shares the same curiosity for things and is fascinated by the world. Lijah is blessed to have such a great Papa to teach him things, take him fishing and for rides on the tractors.
Lijah also has so many Aunts, Uncles and Cousins in Raleigh that are waiting to get to know him. Not to mention his Great-Grandma's that have seen him only two times, which breaks my heart.
My best friend Ling visits Raleigh frequently for work, so I am excited to get to see her more often and her two adorable little girls. Connecticut is also a non-stop flight from Raleigh.
The beach... oh, the wonderful beach! In the past 4 years, we have been to the beach once. I miss the sand in between my toes, reading a book while listening to the crashing waves, attempting to surf, great seafood.
We bought a house in a Wake Forest neighborhood that I think it going to be wonderful. It is so family oriented and kids are everywhere! There are activities for every season. I am hoping Josh can join a softball league once his knee heals. The neighborhood has a fishing pond, hiking/walking trails, soccer fields, a golf course, you name it! His cousins, Dani and Remi are also in the same neighborhood.
Josh has been such a wonderful support system for me this week. It seems like it should be the other way around. I love you honey!
As we walk our paths of life, we meet people every day. Some are simply met by chance, but some are sent our way. These become the closest friends, whose bonds we can't explain, the ones who understand us, and share our joy and pain. Their love contains no boundaries, so even when apart, their presence still embraces us, with warmth felt in our hearts. Our love becomes a passageway, where even miles disappear; and so these friends God sends our way, remain forever near.
P.S. Wow, that was a lot longer post than I originally anticipated, I apologize. I actually feel a little better now. I also have comfort in knowing that I am a much better flier now so hopefully, the visits to Kansas will be frequent - but hopefully not to many winter visits :)
No comments:
Post a Comment