Monday, August 11, 2008

Bowling, Drive-Ins and Celebration Park


This past Wednesday we all went bowling with some friends from my work. I was surprised to see I still had my form. Josh and I used to go bowling all the time pre-Lijah so it was really fun! The bowling alley also had an arcade area so Lijah was easily distracted from the bowling. His favorite game was Skee-Ball, which I also love. He also liked Dance, Dance Revolution which some people may know…I highly adore :)


On Saturday, we had a family cookout. Despite the bad weather, we had a great time and ate tons of food. My sister-in law and her family stayed after everyone else and we all decided to go to the drive-in theater that is about 20 minutes away. If I had a "List of things to do before I die" this would definitely be on the top. I have always wanted to go to a drive-in theater. The weather that evening was cool because it had rained earlier. I had an absolute blast! I was taking pictures when we first got there until Josh told me to quit it :)


Yesterday, Josh took us to a surprise place after dinner. There is a new park in Gardner called Celebration Park. It is a bunch of new ball fields, a fishing pond and then an awesome playground for kids. Lijah ran around and loved going down the big slides.

Josh is still slowly recovering from his surgery. His knee is swollen and still painful. He starts physical therapy this week.

One of Josh's good friends from High School stopped by yesterday. He is an aspiring country singer and he played the guitar & sang for us. He really has a beautiful voice. So, look out for Travis Marvin on the radio ;)

No comments: