Sunday, July 21, 2013

Happy Birthday to our sweet little boy, Landon Michael!!!

Landon Michael Bowling was born June 26, 2013 at 2:30 AM. He weighed a whopping 9 pounds, 2 ounces and was 20.5 inches long.

We had a feeling he would be a little early and we anxiously awaited his arrival! The night before I was having contractions about 6-7 minutes apart and then they went away. I even went to the doctor for a quick checkup to make sure I wasn’t in labor. The next night, I was sleeping in bed when I was woken by my water breaking! I waited about 15 minutes before waking Josh up, just to make sure it was the real deal. Thank goodness Josh hurried me along! I was meandering around the house, finishing packing up some snacks, etc. Nana rushed away and off we went to the hospital. On the way contractions picked up fast and I mean super fast! By the time we arrived at the hospital, they were about 1-2 minutes apart.

We arrived at Wake Med around 12:40 AM and he arrived quickly thereafter. The doctor said it was the fastest delivery she ever had. Unfortunately, since my labor went so quickly, there was no time for an epidural…ouch! J

Lijah couldn’t be more excited to be a big brother. He read him books, plays with him and tells him, “you are my bro forever.” It is absolutely adorable!

We feel so blessed to have two sweet little boys and our family is now complete.


No comments: