Thursday, December 31, 2009

Today the World Lost a Wonderful Person...but Heaven Gained an Angel...My Grandma


At 11 o'clock last night, I prayed. I prayed to the Lord and asked him to please let Grandma go in peace, I also prayed to Grandma and told her it was okay to let go. At midnight, my Grandma passed away.

There are so many things I loved about my Grandma. She was kind and sincere, stubborn and ornary, a beautiful person that most importantly loved me unconditionally as I did her. I am so thankful Lijah got to know his Great Grandma...he simply adored her!

Grandma is my heavenly angel...and I truly miss her! But, I am getting comforted by the Lord above and I smile everytime I think of the loved ones she is seeing! I know Grandma is no longer in pain and is finally resting in peace!

She always leaned to watch for us
Anxious if we were late,
In winter by the window,
In summer by the gate.
And though we mocked her tenderly
Who had such foolish care,
The long way home would seem more safe,
Because she waited there.
Her thoughts were all so full of us,
She never could forget,
And so I think that where she is
She must be watching yet.
Waiting ‘til we come home to her
Anxious if we are late
Watching from Heaven’s window
Leaning from Heaven’s gate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashleigh - I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers! Sending love your way!

The Byrnes' said...

So sorry for you loss, Ashleigh. You are in our thoughts!